This page outlines what to do when something is wrong with your order or you want to start a return for some reason. As always, contact us if you need any assistance.
FOR ALL SHIPMENT TYPES (FREIGHT AND NON-FREIGHT), YOU MUST NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY IF ANYTHING IS WRONG WITH YOUR SHIPMENT (damaged, defective, wrong item, lost package, etc.). Otherwise, we may not be able to properly address the situation.
If products in your order have not shipped, you may cancel your order (by sending a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org) for those products as long as they are not Special Order items. Shipping usually occurs sometime within 48 hours from the time at which the order was placed, excluding weekends and holidays. Once a product has shipped, we cannot stop the
package from being delivered. In this case, follow the regular return instructions described at the bottom of this page (all the normal Return Terms will apply).
At RzEV, we want to make sure you are satisfied with the products you purchased. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please contact us when you receive your order and we will do everything we reasonably can to help fix the situation and make you satisfied with your purchase.
For all returns, please follow the return instructions located at the bottom of this page. You must receive a return approval email (with an RMA #) from RzEV that covers each product you wish to return.
- If you request return approval via email within 30 days of receiving the product, you will receive a refund for the product cost (and any applicable sales tax) minus a maximum restocking fee of 15%.
- All sales are final and no refunds will be issued if you request a return after 30 days from the date of the product delivery, even if the product is damaged or defective (a manufacturer's warranty may still apply though).
- Only products that come back to us in complete, undamaged, and in resalable condition (with all original product materials) will be eligible for refunds, unless of course the product was damaged or defective when you received it. Parts which have been installed, registered, or modified can't be returned or exchanged UNLESS the manufacturer approves the return.
- Unless we shipped the wrong product or the product is defective / not as advertised, you will be responsible for paying any additional shipping/packaging fees incurred due to the return.
- Special Orders items are NOT eligible to be returned.
Please keep in mind that we usually charge less than the maximum restocking fee, especially if you opt for store credit, which saves us on credit card processing fees. The maximum restocking fee amounts are there to cover us in situations where we incur high costs as a result of returning an item.
The bottom line: We have the experience and expertise to make sure your return goes as smoothly as possible, and we always strive to accommodate your needs during any return situation. Also, our in-house auto parts experts might be able to help troubleshoot your issue so that the return is not even needed in the first place!
In general, please keep all original materials (packaging, labels, instructions, warranty papers, etc.) that came with your shipment until you are positive that there is nothing wrong with anything that you received. If you don't have all the original materials, there may be delays or problems approving any returns or issuing refunds.
If somehow we sent you the wrong product, simply follow the regular return instructions described at the bottom of this page. All the normal Return Terms will apply, except that we will cover all shipping related fees and there will be no restocking fees. You must notify
us as soon as possible if you think you have received the wrong product.
Damaged / Defective Products
FOR FREIGHT TRUCK SHIPMENTS (hoods, trunks, bumpers, etc.), YOU MUST INSPECT THE CONTENTS OF EACH PACKAGE AND NOTATE ANY DAMAGE OR DEFECTS ON EACH PACKAGE THAT CONTAINS A PART YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH, AND REFUSE THOSE PACKAGES. PLEASE ALSO TAKE PICTURES OF THE OUTSIDE BOX DAMAGE AND ANY PART DAMAGE / DEFECTS. When you sign for a product on a freight shipment without notating anything, you are COMMITTING TO KEEPING THE PRODUCT IN ITS CURRENT CONDITION. Also, the delivery person CANNOT PREVENT YOU FROM OPENING UP A BOX AND INSPECTING A PRODUCT OR REFUSING A PACKAGE.
For all non-freight damage issues, a claim will need to be filed with the shipping company. RzEV will receive the refund for the damage claim, and you will have the choice of getting a refund in full for the original part and shipping/taxes, or a brand new part shipped to you at no cost. Keep in mind, refunds and replacement parts will only be issued if RzEV or the shipping carrier determines that the product was damaged during shipping.
In rare cases, the product may be defective. This would be most evident if the package is in perfect condition, yet there is something wrong with the product, it is incomplete, or it does not work as intended by the manufacturer. In this case, still follow the regular return instructions (described at the bottom of this page). All the normal Return Terms apply, except that we will
cover all shipping related fees and there will be no restocking fees. For these types of returns, we may require you to take photographs showing the problem with the product and also supply proof that the part has been professionally installed.
If RzEV or the part manufacturer determines that the product is defective, you will receive a refund in full for the original part and shipping/taxes, or a brand new part shipped to you at no cost.
Refused / Undeliverable Shipments
If you refuse a shipment or give us an undeliverable shipping address, then it is considered a return and we will have to assess up to a 15% restocking fee in addition to any outgoing or return shipping charges. Often we can reduce or eliminate the restocking fee if you choose to get a replacement shipped.
A Special Order is defined as any order that has products not listed publicly on our website at the time of purchase, or that says "Special Order" in it. The parts in Special Orders can only be returned if they are damaged/defective. In addition, Special Orders cannot be cancelled once payment is received. It is also possible that we may notify you the order you just placed is considered a Special Order, even though it does not fit into the above definition of a Special Order. We will not process the order until we get confirmation from you that it is ok.
All the product applications on this site are for U.S. made vehicles with stock engines, unless otherwise noted. If you have a non-U.S. vehicle (such as Canadian or Japanese) or an engine swap, you must let us know during the checkout process when it prompts you to describe your vehicle. If you do not let us know, we may not accept returns or may have to charge restocking fees on the items that don't fit.
1. Send an email to email@example.com. Please write "Return Request" and your order number on the subject field of the email.
2. In the message, please include:
- Your order number.
- Your first and last name.
- The products you're requesting returns for.
- The reason for the return (unsatisfied, defective, incomplete, wrong part, etc.).
- For defective or incomplete product returns, please describe in detail. If we require you to send extra information (such as photos or your VIN #), you must send it within a reasonable amount of time or the return may be void.
3. Once we approve your return, we will email you a return approval email with an RMA # and, depending on the situation, we may send you a prepaid shipping label too.
4. Pack the product and ship it via UPS or FedEx to the return address provided to you in the return approval email. Remember to follow any other instructions we include in the return approval email. Please also ship the product back to us within a reasonable amount of time after receiving the return approval email, otherwise the return may be void.
5. We will refund/credit you or ship you a replacement product as soon as we receive your product and it passes inspection.
Refunds for Cancellations and Returns are issued back to the original form of payment used for your purchase, unless you opt for Store Credit or pay us via check, money order, or wire transfer. If you pay us via check, money order, or wire transfer, you agree to take Store Credit for any and all refunds.